Seguin Guadalupe County
Hours we are open:
Tuesdays and Thursdays 10:00am-3:00pm. Saturdays from 10:00am-1:00pm.
The building used to be the Red and White Grocery Store. Two families had owned in (Baenziger) and they were very successful in their own right. Fresh Produce used to be displayed between the two pink poles. The second floor contained an Opera House where the stage was used to help host various events.
The building was built in 1898. Original wooden floors and tin ceiling. Harold and Ethyl Baenziger owned the building and it had been in the family for several generations. John Wesley Hardin’s Gun is on display here. John Hardin was considered one the most notorious gunfighters in the area. Millions of years worth of history are on display within the museum. Displays include fossils, Native American artifacts, early settlers, and some of the very first original salt glazed pottery manufactured by the Wilson family, which is still in business today. The area was settled by Mexican citizens, Texian’s, Tejanos, and slaves who worked the local farm land and provided domestic help. There is a large amount of Texas Rangers memorabilia.
John Gesick, past Director and renowned local author and historian. Many of his publications are available at the museum.
The museum honors all branches of the Military and has a variety of uniforms and artifacts on display.
The museum has a large selection of German History on display as well.
Friends of the museum, our calendars will be available at the Chamber, the Aumont, Parkers Pharmacy, the Museum, and possibly First United Bank. Calendars are $10.00 each and are being sold as a fundraiser for the museum.
$3.00 Per Adult (18+)
$2.00 Senior Citizen (65+)
$1.00 Children 5-17
Members - Free